Friday, February 27, 2009

The day @ the Vet...


(on our way to the vet)





So I wake up Thursday morning to see, Preacher had red stuff in his dodo. First reaction to be honest… his a boy right! Wow… I called the vet and the lady that answered seemed pretty concern. She said, “Well, I think you need to make an appointment”. She then said, “If you can bring a sample of his dodo that would be great”. Um.. Okay sure why not he is my baby right.
So 3 o’clock hits and we are on our way to the vet my husband, Preacher & I. (Poor Savior was left behind crying). We get there and first thing Preacher does is, poop! Ya we say, “Good boy, we needed a sample”. We forget to get the sample at home so good thing he did it there rather then the Jeep… that would have been a long ride.
Well Preacher got caught doing what he did (poop) so the lady in the front said, “Preacher needs to wait outside”… aw.. poor Preacher he got kicked out! So there they both go Walter and Preacher outside till Preacher is called in. In no time we are in and first thing they do is take his temperature. My baby had a small fever 104.
Then comes the doctor right away he asks us what he ate. Ugh the hard part to confess… (This is the truth) Last week Thursday we had our neighbors over. We all ordered chicken wings… My neighbor put the bag of the bones outside (the front door) she said. Long story short, she put it out the back door so Preacher totally took over the bag and ate ALL the bones. The doctor said, “hm mm… where is your neighbor she needs to pay for this visit”.
(Ha I wish she would).
So they did x-rays on my baby to see if they see any bones stuck somewhere, and then they did blood work. The x-rays came out fine (NO BONES!) thank God because then that would be surgery. So today we get the results from the blood test. As for now Preacher is in a strict diet. Chicken and white rice… yummy his enjoying it. Poor Savior he still gets to eat his regular “dog food”.
So I’ll keep you all posted with the results but as for now he has a lot of medication to take. It was pretty scary… can’t imagine losing my baby.
Thanks for the prayers!
Much love & respect:
Mrs. Segura*
The sample... and the result of the sample..

1 comment:

  1. Aww poor Preacher! And just because I need to say it.. eww gross sample. haha! :) Glad he is okay. :)

    ReplyDelete